Friday, February 1, 2013

Friends and Family

Jonah and I have been pretty lucky lately when it comes to the generosity of friends and family these days. It has to be said that I am slacking on distributing the thank you cards. I can promise that those are on a priority list for this weekend, along with spending time catching up on Jonah, work and myself this weekend. It never ends.

We are winding down on this last DTaP clearing, which has been going on for months now. We've seen a lot of great gains. A lot of challenging behavior.

The holidays were really wonderful for us. We had so many generous gifts from amazing people. We were given a 52" TV, an X-Box 360 Kinect, and games, and toys, and gift cards, and a trip to Disneyland. We had family and friends visit us from far and wide. It's amazing to know that so many people love us.

5 comments:

  1. Hello
    I have been reading your blog for some time. Thank you for sharing your journey with CEASE. It has been one of the reasons we are trying this with our son Noah. I have recently started a blog detailing our own journey with CEASE and I would love if you could stop by from time to time and provide any advice/guidance. Thank you again for sharing your story!

    http://findingnoahsvoiceautismrecovery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. Best wishes to Noah. I look forward to reading about his progress.

      Delete
  2. To my dear friend Maria,

    I love reading your blogs!!! Jonah is an amazing boy who I love dearly. It is a blessing to be your friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria,

    I am so happy for you. I just happened to see your website by accident. I am starting cease therapy for my daughter tomorrow. The first clearing is going to be DTAP. I am so nervous, scared....My daughter is 3 years old. This is her birthday gift. Praying for miracles.

    Thanks again
    Padma
    gpj1975@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Padma. Have you found a CEASE support group online yet? I belong to a couple on Facebook. Feel free to add me and I will get you in. DTaP can be a very difficult clear, but we saw a lot of great gains with it. Best wishes for both of you.

      Delete